Monday, April 23, 2012

This and That

This is Jeff's interpreter, Sasha, and she is talking to one of the Russian ranch managers.

It is sap collecting time! They are collecting sap from the birch trees. We have seen bottles like this attached to many trees in the villages. The collected sap is used as a tonic or to make birch syrup. 


Jeff thought this picture was ruined because the car drove by the same time he took the picture. I think it is a nice contrast.
It has been rainy and muddy here, but the rain makes for beautiful green fields. The mud lake is looking out our windows to the main road. The green field is in a another region about an hour away from where we live.

2 comments:

Rick and Marilyn Parker said...

Hi Sariah,

Good pictures and good contrasts. I like the picture of the colorful house in the background.

Hopefully you will have some green-ness growing up soon.

Yes, the buildings are really old - nothing in America is even remotely close to that old! It is amazing that they are still standing.

It is amazing the the internet works in some of the older buildings!!

How is the shopping going - not holding up anyone in the check out line lately??

We have had really nice weather here - even got some garden planted.

How is school going?

Love you all, Mom

Monroe said...

Hello Knight family,

I am so glad you have a blog. It is fun to see what you are experiencing. I love the pictures! Do cows graze wherever they choose? It definitely looks like a different world there in Russia. I enjoyed reading the dialogue used with the couple dragging the field. lol

I miss Saylor in Primary class, but happy to see her happy face in these pictures.

Glad you are all doing well.
Linda Monroe