Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Few Pictures

I would like to post about 30 pictures of our first two weeks in Russia, but...... I figured that might be a bit much. We have already seen so many interesting things and I want to share all of it. I will try to post a few pictures every couple of days.
Jasper took this picture of us in the van after we left the Moscow airport. We had luggage around our head, shoulders, knees and toes. We actually rode like that for 8 hours. The trip went fast because we slept through most of it. (Don't mind the swim ring in the background. It was important for Saylor to bring it. Jeff thought it might come in handy as a cushion on the bumpy roads.)
The villages are interesting. I feel like I step back in time when we go through them. Some of the houses are quite colorful.
Every village has a sign with the name of the village and the year it was established. This village was established in 1618. That was a few years ago. Saylor picked a good spot to stand.
Almost all of the houses have flowers or plants in their windows.
Jeff took this picture. He said that stacking hay this way is a lost art and it takes a great deal of skill.
The cemeteries here are blue. They really stand out in the countryside.
The kids went walking in the Russian forest. Don't go too far kids.....
This picture, of one of the ranches, was taken three days ago. Cattle were shipped to this ranch today. It is still muddy and I know they weren't finished with all the construction, but the cattle came anyway.

1 comment:

sariah said...

Wow, muddy is an understatement! When does spring come to that part of Russia? It still looks pretty cold!