Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year



We had a great Christmas in Russia. We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year celebration! Here are a few miscellaneous pictures since I haven't posted in a while.

The villagers are using their horse drawn sleds now that it is snowy.


 
Jeff and I went shopping a few days before Christmas. After we were done shopping Jeff took me inside this church. The heavy iron door into the church probably dates back to WWI or II!






Of course we had to check on some cows and calves during our shopping trip.
 





 
Jeff and I were invited to the company's New Year's Party. There was lots of eating, singing, dancing, toasting, games, and skits and very little English. The decorations were very elaborate. My pictures don't do them justice. That is an upside down Christmas tree in the background. It was a grand Russian celebration.
 
 

The guy with the camera is videoing the two dancers in the background with the pink headdresses.

 

No comments: