Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Colorful Picture

I was going through pictures and I found this one Jeff took a month ago at an open market. The girls and I were picking out some small Christmas tree ornaments. It was bitter cold when we were there. The stuffed animals above the booth are snakes. This year is the year of the snake on the Chinese calendar. For some reason Russians celebrate according to this calendar also. Snakes have been on everything and everywhere - mugs, magnets, jewelry, calendars, on pictures with Santa, on candy packages and ornaments.
 

2 comments:

sariah said...

This looks like a picture you'd find in National Geographic! In a week we are having a Chinese New Years activity for Activity Days. Too bad Russia is so far away, it would be fun to have some of those "year of the snake" souvenirs to share with the girls.

sariah said...

Hi there, Sarah H would like your address. She has some old pictures of the kids participating in primary and ward activities and she'd like to get them to you. Or if a family address in the states would work better- whatever you think. :-)