Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Homemade Christmas

It is time to post something besides snow pictures. I didn't bring over any Christmas decorations, so......we brought some basic craft supplies and we made our own. Here are pictures of some of the kids' Christmas decorations. We have found a few things here too.

Sage made the scrap wreath. Sophie and Saylor made the puzzle piece wreaths.

Everyone made some paper baubles to hang from the ceiling.

Here is our Nativity scene. We found it on the Internet. The kids colored the figures, cut them out and glued them around TP rolls.

Sage made me this unique, one of a kind clothespin doll Nativity scene. I was lamenting the fact that I didn't bring a Nativity set and she got to work creating this one. Isn't she creative! I have not been able to find a Nativity set here. The kids also made paper boxes to put under the little Christmas tree we found.

Our Christmas countdown tree. It is made out of empty matchboxes.

The glass jar has Christmas lights and plastic baubles squished inside. We found the star here. It is waiting to go on top of our Christmas tree. We also collected pinecones before it snowed and spray painted them white.

The kids made the pipe cleaner candy canes and we found this sparkly little tree here.

We've colored lots of Christmas pictures.

I have not found a scrap of wrapping paper here--instead they have these cute bags with different holiday scenes. This one has Grandfather Frost and the Snow Maiden.
 

1 comment:

sariah said...

Your family is amazingly creative!!! You were busy elves!
I wonder why there aren't many nativities? Do not very many people consider themselves Christian anymore?